In British Columbia, we’re blessed with spectacular ocean, lake and mountain views and scenery that definitely deserve preserving with an elegant touch of Glass Railings. We custom design, manufacture and install glass railings.
There are 3 types of Glass Railings:
1. Framed Glass Railings in which clear glass panels are held in place by a frame (i.e. posts on each side, top rail, and bottom rail)
2. Semi-Frameless Glass Railings in which clear glass panels are held in place by posts without bordering frames (i.e. no top rail or bottom rail)
3. Frameless Glass Railings in which clear glass panels are held in place by glass fasteners (i.e. panels are held by a base shoe or glass adaptors)
At Sinco Gates, Framed and Frameless Glass Railings are made of tempered or laminated safety glass, ensuring it has superior strength to withstand extreme weather conditions. Frameless Glass Railings require thicker glass (10mm to 12mm) to meet building codes and engineering requirements.
Tempered Glass is a float glass heated to a temperature of approximately 600°C and subsequently rapidly cooled by air. Due to this treatment, Tempered Glass becomes much more stronger than float glass, and tends to shatter into small fragments if broken.
Laminated Glass is formed by combining two or more glass sheets laminated to layers of plastic foil under high temperature and pressure.The result is a stronger glass that will not shatter into small pieces but remain bonded to the foil if broken.
1. Add luxury, prestige and value to your property.
2. Add elegance and sophistication to your scenic views.
3. Enjoy unobstructed panoramic view and the natural light.
4. Enjoy safety and low-maintenance benefits (Glass doesn’t wear out, deteriorate or rot).